Saturday, June 24, 2006

A posers dream

First off Pol thanks for trying to become a part of a discussion here at agnosticrat.
Although I have no tracking software to prove it I fear that it may be the least responded to blog, ever. That is ok, the stuff I have written thus far is more musing on events, and my personal philosophy and I understand that neither of these lend themselves well to counterpoint.
Secondly I must admit that I felt a little let down at first that your questions were the only ones that Wade felt compelled to respond to. Wades response as I have said before left me flat.
You see, I don't think he has taken me seriously for whatever reason when I have stated that I truly intend on voting republican in his race. Maybe it is the fact that I have a short history (on these blogs, anyway) of cracking wise in some discussions. It sometimes gets me into trouble, and leads others to believe I am only a lurker, not to be taken seriously. Maybe it is the fact that I am a liberal that is willing, for now to overlook some positions he has taken that are obvious hot spots for many of the conservative republican persuasion.
When I wrote my letter I wanted to see whether Mr. Trombley was really a candidate for change or just another spinmeister looking to get his name in the paper. I really believed that if I engaged him one on one that he would step up and give real answers. That was my mistake.
When presented with a choice of clarifying his agenda or bashing the other candidate he took the latter, and more political route. This is when I realized counter to all he has said that Wade Trombley is a politician.
As for why I first took on Mr. Trombley over Mr. Reynolds the answer is simple, he was there. He had been lurking your blog for sometime giving updates as to the hours he had been out on the road campaigning. He was accessible to me and I found that compelling.
Although from what you have written, you seem to have the stuff it takes to ask questions of public figures, go to public forums and play a more public role. It would never occur to me to go out of my way to ask the editor of a paper, local or otherwise what his opinion is of anything. But with my trusty computer and a beer or two I can be Agnosticrat. Yeah the wack job that at least in his own mind just wrote off the candidacy of Mr. Trombley as nothing but a posers dream. Too bad he seems like a really nice guy.
Don't suppose Mr. Reynolds has a spare five dollars and computer access do ya? I still need some kind of sign in my yard. If you see him send him my way. I would love to ask him a couple of questions.

14 comments:

Jay said...

I read your blog, I just haven't had any urge to respond. As far as response, you look about tied with agitator's blog, and your's is a whole heck of a lot more readable. So hang in there.

agnosticrat said...

Sir,
Would you allow me, grateful as I am for the kind reception you once extended to me, to show my concern about maintaining your well-deserved prestige and to point out that your star which, until now, has shone so brightly, risks being dimmed by the most shameful and indelible of stains?

agnosticrat said...

I love a riddle, even if it is in french!

Jay said...

what stain is that--posting on here? Oh, my profile...for a second I thought you were serious.

I think I am one of the few that agree with you on Patti B. not being the super-villian everyone portrays her to be. To say more would possibly disclose my identity.

agnosticrat said...

Sorry I could have been a little more clear. I just get excited when I get visitors.
I will not dig further, I believe batman is more effective with the cowl.

Boggsone said...

Didn't know anyone was in a race for readers? Depends on how much you want to advertise yourself? Sorry Jay, didn't realize I was so unreadable. Possibly have to have a clue where I'm coming from? Just an expert in the arena I'm familiar with. Too busy to study stats, political interest groups, etc. I learn from youse guys!

agnosticrat said...

3, I like your style.
Jakweez, Patty is a placeholder. The day a real republican comes on board to de-throne her she will be gone. If she wants to meddle with simple things that waste time, it is to the advantage of the liberals in this state to point them out and move on. The more any opponent tries to beat her up the meaner they will appear to the voters. True?

Jay said...

One of Pol's favorite targets plays into the Patty/Geiger saga--Fulton Sheen.

Fulton had agreed to "carry the water" in Allegan County and deliver a significant percentage to counter act Patty's thrust in Allegan. Then Terry goes and gets drunk, and that promise flies out the window according to Fulton. Trouble is, he doesn't even let Geiger's camp know that he is no longer keeping his commitments.

In fact, the infamous photo in Patty's negative piece is from Fulton's website of Geiger at a dry Fulton fundraiser in Byron Center. He wasn't drunk, it was bad photography . Terry's campaign manager was calling the Bishop (one of Fulton's nicknames--another is Trip...) everything under the sun because Fulton had renegged on what he promised.

Terry's camp were no saints. They launched a real nasty "affair" letter campaign as well as push polls.

Patty is a savvy campaigner. She'll sling mud if provoked. Those that have been up against her either have lacked the skills/resouces, or in the case of Terry, were viewed as bigger slime. She has had teflon in her veins. Trouble is, no one is challenging her and she'll fade into the sunset come 2010.

Reynolds would of had a better chance of taking on Patty rather than this free for all in the 87th.

------------------------------

agitator:

If you'd give me a paragraph of background in your posts, it would help me a lot. I find I have to go to the Banner and cross-reference. My eyes get too tired.
----------------------------

Sometime after this election we should have an "unmasking" party of all us characters at the OTT, or other fine establishment.

Pol Watcher said...

That party would be an interesting crowd.

I believe the Geiger people went after the affair because of the Birkholz direct mail attack with the bad photo which came first. I could be wrong since remembering dates is not my strong suit (parallel parking and calling politicians names are, I guess).

Jay said...

no, the affair stuff was first (through a surrogate), I collected all the mail pieces for my collection.

agnosticrat said...

Don't forget to tell him about the five bucks.

agnosticrat said...

Yes Wade, you have generated a lot of talk on this board! The buzz you created here has launched me to stardom.
With numbers like these I am considering a spin-off! If you want in I think we can work something out!
You can have a cool fake name like mine, and we will do a show!
Republicide, and Agnosticrat!
(you get first billing. You can have that I like you!)
So now that you are here again how about another try at Q&A? Nobody is watching.I promise I will not tell anybody!
No, not the sign thing!
Something simple.
How about this.
If you went to Lansing and helped to do away with the SBT. What is the first thing you would cut in the budget to make up for the loss of revinue? Any ideas, or are you just going to wing it?
Bye the way, I have decided that I will go signless until after the primary. At that point I may auction off my prime street frontage to the highest bidder! I'm thinking ebay.

Peace!

el grillo said...

Please do not challenge my title to the least visited site.
I have started threads that would only appeal to people who read thick hardcover books and then sit back in darkened rooms and ask "What the hell does that mean, anyway?"
For years I have insisted on my own personal perspective on how the world needs to be tweaked to become inhabitable. Suddenly, I have been informed that the Mayan Calendar predicts such a calamity on December 22, 2012 that all humanity will disappear.
How in the world will I be able to preserve a huge blog, filled with comments, for the next visitation from outer space to discover the vast knowledge that went up in smoke?

http://el-grillo.blogspot.com

agnosticrat said...

I hear stone tablets work!?