Friday, May 02, 2008

The APV

The Michigan "one state recession" mantra still has legs....For Republicans.
We don't hear the phrase as much now, in the face of what is likely to be a very cruel national economy for some time to come. False hopes that Americans will spend those ever faithful election year payoffs on brand new goods rather than paying bills, and buying gas, will likely be dashed. When I get mine it will be going into a new water heater, but that is only because it just started leaking. I would have bought one anyway, but at least now I will not be busting into the Agnosticrat Preservation Fund.
The APV is a small amount of money I have squirreled away for emergencies. It has taken me some time to save, and it would not come easy to me to part from it.
Let me continue by saying that I feel lucky to have any savings at all. With the advent of time payments, and multiple credit scams out there I have seen quite a few of my friends start down the road to being dirt poor the rest of their lives. Dirt poor I can handle, but dirt poor without options would likely be the death of me.

3 comments:

lonevoice said...

Aggie,


I know how you feel, having a little nest egg myself.

Won't it be great if Barry Co. could do the same thing?????

Maybe they could if they did not have the legal costs they are paying........


TS

el grillo said...

TS,
Obviously, you have not seen the numbers. The Barry County slush fund would purchase a whole truckload of those lovely Bradford-White solar heating jobs.

el grillo said...

The statement contains five core ideas. These ideas are:

"It is scientifically incorrect to say that we have inherited a tendency to make war from our animal ancestors."

"It is scientifically incorrect to say that war or any other violent behaviour is genetically programmed into our human nature."

"It is scientifically incorrect to say that in the course of human evolution there has been a selection for aggressive behaviour more than for other kinds of behaviour."

"It is scientifically incorrect to say that humans have a 'violent brain'."

"It is scientifically incorrect to say that war is caused by 'instinct' or any single motivation."

The statement concludes: "Just as 'wars begin in the minds of men', peace also begins in our minds. The same species who invented war is capable of inventing peace. The responsibility lies with each of us."
The Seville Statement on Violence